Who are we?
Terry has over thirty-nine years of work experience in the public and not-for-profit sectors, having specialised for much of that time in personnel/human resources work. His experience of the personnel/human resources field is extensive, having at different times of his career undertaken and managed
- recruitment and selection, including psychometric testing
- employee relations, including grievance and discipline handling (at investigation and hearing stages)
- the procurement process, including TUPE transfers
- redundancy management
- Employment Tribunal preparation
- learning and development, including designing, delivering and monitoring learning and development activity
- job evaluation
- payroll administration
- the strategic planning process
- the Investors in People standard
- the EFQM Excellence Model
- the Clinical Governance approach to healthcare
- the Balanced Scorecard
- Change Management, including organisational design and redesign
- Independent Workplace Mediation
- Executive Coaching
Terry has undertaken work on capacity planning, performance management and non-financial audit, for a major auditing body, as well as undertaking workplace mediation and executive coaching.
Terry is a past member of the Board of Trustees of Age UK Croydon and a past Co-opted member of the Board of Trustees, as well as a member of the Governance and Nominations Committee.
Terry currently volunteers as a driver and Safeguarding Trainer for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
Terry is the author of Handling Employee Complaints and Grievances - An Introduction, published (2018) by Bookboon (http://bookboon.com/en/handling-employee-complaints-and-grievances-ebook)
Terry is a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, a Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management, an individual member of the Civil Mediation Council and holds Postgraduate Diplomas in Personnel, Law, Employment Law and Relations and Legal Practice, a Certificate in Training Practice, OCN Certificates in Workplace Mediation (Units 1 & 2 (Individual Workplace Mediation), 3 (Team Workplace Mediation) and 4 (Supervision Skills for Mediators) and an Advanced Certificate in Executive Coaching, as well as being qualified at Practitioner level within the Prince2 project management course of study.